Truth in Love Ministry (TILM) is a parachurch organization affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). As such, among other things, we believe:
- That there is only one true God who has made himself known as the triune God, one God in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That every word of Scripture was inspired and thus Scripture is unified, whole, true and without error in everything it says.
- That all people are by nature dead in sin and separated from God and thus are unable to reconcile themselves to God by their own efforts and deeds.
- That Jesus Christ, the God-man, was sent by the Father to redeem all people. We believe that he is the God-appointed substitute for all people. His righteousness, or perfect obedience, is accepted by the Father as our righteousness, his death for sin as our death for sin. Since Christ has done everything, we believe that we are saved by grace alone.
- That individuals receive the free gift of forgiveness not on the basis of their own works, but only through the saving faith which the Holy Spirit works and strengthens in people through the power of the gospel in God’s Word and Sacraments (Baptism and the Lord’s Supper).
- That faith alone saves but faith is never alone. We believe that saving faith always leads a believer to produce works that are pleasing to God. Such works are the result of being saved and not the cause of salvation.
- That Jesus will come again, at which time the dead will rise and this present universe will come to an end. He will judge all people: the believers will spend eternity in heaven while unbelievers will suffer eternally in hell.